Contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) if you suspect the background check was used in a discriminatory way. It is discrimination to make a hiring decision based on race, national origin, sex, religion, disability, genetic information, and age (for candidates 40 or older).
FULL SERVICE, FULLY COMPLIANT CREDIT HISTORY CHECKS
An employment credit history report offers valuable insight into an applicant’s sense of responsibility and financial track record. These considerations weigh strongly when hiring forfinancial services organizations and retail companies or for positions of fiscal responsibility. A good credit check is also an important consideration for property owners performing tenant screening.
HR Reco’s credit reports cover more than just an applicant’s credit history, including:
- Identifiable maiden names, aliases and nicknames
- Prior living addresses and previous employer information
- Complete Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) compliance and guidance
- Quickly verifying and expanding on information
- Revealing conflicting information that may need further review or clarification.